Your Personal Health Information and your Medical Record may be collected, used and disclosed for the following reasons:
- For communicating relevant information with other treating doctors, specialists or allied health professionals.
- For follow up reminder / recall notices, (e.g. letters sent to you in the mail or by telephone call).
- For National / State registers (e.g. Immunisation data).
- For State / Territory reminder systems (e.g. cervical screening - pap smear reminders or familiar cancer registries.
- Accounting / Medicare / Health Insurance procedures.
- Quality Assurance activities such as accreditation.
- For disease notification as required by law ( e.g. infectious diseases).
- For use by all doctors / nurses / allied health professionals in this group practice when consulting with you.
- For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law ( e.g. subpoena, court order. suspected child abuse).
- For research purposes (de-identified, meaning you are not able to be identified from the information given).
If you have any concerts or wish to restrict access to your personal health information please discuss these with your doctor. This practice adheres to principles of the Royal Australian college of General Practitioners Handbook for the Management of health Information in Private Medical Practice, which is available to all patients for inspection. Office of Federal Privacy Commissioner 1300 363 992.
If you wish to have a copy of our practice policy regarding the management of your medical history, you can download it by clicking here.